Section: Related Procedures
Latisse, False Eyelashes & Makeup
Many Asian women find that skillful application of makeup and the use of techniques to thicken their eyelashes can make their eyes look noticeably bigger without having to resort to eyelid surgery or tattooing.
• False eyelashes and/or eyelash curlers are popular in East Asia. Some women use false eyelashes in multiples for added effect. To apply properly, however, takes a good deal of skill and time.
• Latisse ® is a prescription pharmaceutical that when applied to the eyelashes stimulates natural growth and thickness. As with all drugs, however, there are risks.
The results are superior to those after eyelash extensions and much safer and affordable than eyelash hair transplantation, two fads that seem to be disappearing as rapidly as they surfaced.
• Keeping the brow hair thin and light in color tends to maximize the visible skin area between the brow and eyelashes.
• When applying colored eyeliner on the lower lid, do not extend the color past the area without lashes. Line the inner rim of the lower lid lashes with white eye pencil.
• Use eye shadow on the upper lid and also under the lower lashes.
• Eyelid tape and glue to simulate a crease are also popular methods of making the eyes look bigger without resorting to surgery.
More from this section: Related >
• Brow/Forehead Lift
• Infrabrow Blepharoplasty
• Lower Epiblepharon Repair
• Asian Lateral Canthoplasty
• Love Band Operation
• Slant Reduction
• Permanent Makeup
• Circle Contact Lenses
• Eyelid Tape and Glue
• Latisse, Eyelashes & Makeup